Friday 20 June 2014

Review - China Glaze Nail Polish in 'Flip Flop Fantasy 873'



One nail polish which I absolutely love and which is my avid favourite for when I go on holiday or when I have a tan is a China Glaze nail polish in 'Flip Flop Fantasy 873'.




China Glaze have such a massive and beautiful range of colours on offer, with their inspiration coming from the shores of Tahiti, the nightlife in New York City and the beauty within every woman. When researching China Glaze on Google, I found that it is made from China Clay which acts as a nail hardener, which is also the same material which gives porcelain its shiny finish so that explains why the formula is so different to other nail polishes such as OPI. All their nail polishes are free of DBP, Toluene and added Formaldehyde.




As you can see from the swatches below 'Flip Flop Fantasy' is a gorgeous pinky coral colour which attracts so much attention and compliments and instantly brightens up an outfit.




I have applied 2 coats of nail polish to this nail and I have also applied a coat of the OPI Top Coat polish over the top. It is chip resistant, even before applying a top coat to it, and without the top coat is has a satin finish to it which is lovely, but I do prefer a glossy finish on my nails. The nail polish dries super quick as well which is fab for me, being very inpatient! 




I generally pick OPI over China Glaze as I find OPI's formula to be a lot better quality (however finding out that they are made from China Clay it does explain why the formula is different to any other nail polishes which I have tried). I also find that China Glaze brushes are so small, compared to OPI's brushes, so a lot harder and more time consuming (a sign of my impatience again) to paint longer nails, like mine. 


This nail polish retails at £13.00, nearly the same as OPI, however on many websites you can pick them up for a lot cheaper, for example on eBay for £8.99, which I have linked below.


China Glaze make some amazing nail polishes in a large variety of shades, and I seem to have built up quite the collection, so if you have not tried the brand before then you definitely should!


Have you ever tried this China Glaze nail polish in 'Flip Flop Fantasy'? What other China Glaze nail polishes have you tried and like? Do you prefer OPI or China Glaze?


Speak soon,
L x



LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment