Wednesday 2 April 2014

Review - The Body Shop Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm in Passionberry


I have been using the The Body Shop Born Lippy lip balms for as long as I can remember and have always thought very highly of them, being one of The Body Shop's most well-known and bestselling stock.


The Body Shop claims that the lip balms "give colour, flavour and moisture for more kissable lips" which it definitely reaches all these expectations. 

'Passionberry' Born Lippy lip balm

The flavour which I will be reviewing is Passionberry, which smells almost good enough to eat! As soon as I applied this lip balm, my lips became instantly moisturised and conditioned and with the slight plummy hint of colour and the shine, my lips really did look beautiful! The consistency of the lip balm is almost like a really smooth, creamy, thick jelly like substance which I love from a lip balm as you can tell instantly that it will moisturise and condition your lips.


Without Born Lippy on - cracked and dry


With Born Lippy on - glossy, moisturised and slight
hint of colour

I love the really cute packaging of these The Body Shop Born Lippy lip balms as they come in such sweet plastic pots and I really love the process of opening the balm and taking out the product and then applying it onto my lips...gosh that sounds so strange typing that!!! 


Purple tint - comes out sort of plummy

The ingredients which are used to make this lip balm are:- Ricinus communis, Lanolin, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Cera Alba, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Aroma, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus tinctorius, Passiflora incarnata, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol, Citral, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 17200, CI 42090.


The back of the lip balm

The other flavours you can purchase are Strawberry, Raspberry, Watermelon, Satsuma Shimmer and Pink Guava which all smell so delicious...be careful however because it is such a hard decision choosing which flavour lip balm to purchase and you may also find yourself addicted to the taste. These lip balms are perfect to wear on a night out, possibly on top of a lipstick when you may be getting a cheeky kiss as they all taste so gorgeous and putting this balm on top of your lipsticks, I find prolongs the lipstick.


The only problem that I did experience with the lip balm is that it did not stay put for that long and lasted about one hour and thirty minutes... probably because I kept on licking it off!!! However, I would recommend this lip balm because everything that the The Body Shop claimed about it was true which is quite rare for companies nowadays to give the full truth which is the reason why I love the The Body Shop.


I make it my mission to go into The Body Shop and purchase the Watermelon and Strawberry flavour as I used to love these when I was growing up. There is nothing not to love about this product! 

I love this lip balm!


These lip balms are such a bargain being £2.00 for 10ml, which last for ages and you can buy from The Body Shop stores or online their website (link below).


Have you ever tried any of these Born Lippy lip balms from The Body Shop, and if so what do you think of the product? Have you tried any of the other flavours which the balm comes in? Could you recommend me your favourite flavour to try?


Speak soon,
L x


LINKS

The Body Shop - Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm in Passionberry

No comments:

Post a Comment