Wednesday 2 April 2014

Review - Jemma Kidd Ultimate Lip Care Protect & Shimmer SPF 12 in 'Rose 02'


Having purchased quite a few items from Look Fantastic, I thought that I should review one of my favourite lip balms which I keep on re-buying which is Jemma Kidd's 'Ultimate Lip Care Protect & Shimmer SPF 12' in Rose 02, which honestly has to be one of the most nourishing and moisturising lip balms which I have ever tried. The product itself is so smooth and almost creamy and you can instantly feel the magic working as you apply the balm to your lips!


Jemma Kidd Ultimate Lip Care Protect & Shimmer SPF 12 - Rose 02

Jemma Kidd Ultimate Lip Care Protect & Shimmer SPF 12 is a gorgeous lip balm which moisturises and conditions your lips but also as it contains a hint of natural colour and shimmer (as you can see on the picture of my hand and lips lower down in this post) looks gorgeous and is perfect for the day and night.  This balm is perfect for the natural look as you can barely notice the product on my hand, which shows a slight shimmer and faint colour. I adore wearing this lip balm on the beach as it keeps my lips feeling moist despite the sea spray and sun.


02 Rose - top of packaging

I do tend to use this product in the Summer as I wear a lot of dark reds on my lips in the Winter, which in my opinion I do not think that red lipstick is as flattering as nude and rose tones against tanned skin. The colour but also product does not migrate and stays put which I love in a lip balm, as this means you do not always have to be popping to the toilet on a night out to top up the lip balm! You can wear this lip balm alone or add a lipstick on top of it - when adding lipstick on top, the lipstick actually stays on your lips for quite a long time so is a good setter.


Ultimate Lip Care Protect & Shimmer SPF 12 - Rose 02 on my hand
(slight shimmer and faint colour)

It is suggested by many makeup artists that if you have dry or chapped lips then you can apply the balm, leave it for a few minutes and then gently buff off the balm with a warm cloth or old toothbrush which I tried and actually I was very surprised with as left my lips feeling so silky and smooth. I then applied more product onto my lips to leave my lips extra kissable. As I do with all my lipsticks/balm/glosses which I review I 'do the kiss test' which is basically when I apply the product onto my lips and then kiss my boyfriend's cheek/lips... all depends on what mood I am in!! This lip balm did not come off at all which is AMAZING and perfect to to wear for a date night.


Without any product - bare lips
With product

Without product - bare lips but with a smile

With product - but with a smile

 You can layer the lip balm to increase the colour intensity depending on what colour you decide to purchase :)  Ultimate Lip Care Protect & Shimmer is enriched with vitamin E and contains apricot kernel oil and karate butter to soften, moisturise and prep your lips. If you are wondering if the product smells or tastes of anything at this point then yes, which is a really mild vanilla smell but has no taste. If you would like a longer-lasting or more intense colour then allow the balm to sink in, pat dry and then apply another coat of the lip balm.


Lip balm holder - gorgeous!
Rose 02 shade
I have not purchased many products from Jemma Kidd, in fact I have only purchased this lip balm and the Jemma Kidd Pro I-Perfector Prep & Brighten Duo (shall do a blog on at a later date), which are both fantastic products and really do deserve their place on my blog! I find that all Jemma Kidd's makeup is packaged so simple and elegant - the lip balm comes inside a black box with Jemma Kidd's step-by-step on how to apply the product instructions and the lip balm itself comes in a lovely pink plastic holder.


I bought this lip balm from Look Fantastic (link below) and I purchased the colour 'Rose 02', however there is also 'Apricot' and 'Nude', which you can buy from Amazon (link below). The lip balm was £12.00 for 3.3g and does tend to last me quite a long time considering I use it almost everyday in the Summer months. This lip balm is quite hard to find but really is worth looking for as you will not be disappointed with the end product.



Have you ever tried or wanted to try Jemma Kidd's Ultimate Lip Care Protect & Shimmer SPF 12? What other lip balms would you recommend me to try?



Speak soon,
L x


LINKS

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Jemma-Kidd-Ultimate-Protect-12-Apricot/dp/B002LDY4Z6
Look Fantastic - http://www.lookfantastic.com/jemma-kidd-ultimate-lip-care-protect-shimmer-spf-12-apricot/10555686.html


No comments:

Post a Comment