Wednesday 2 April 2014

Review - Rose & Co: Patisserie de Bain Lip Balm in 'Sugared Violet'


I recently received a lip balm from a friend which I have fallen in love with which is from the range Patisserie De Bain from Rose & Co. in the flavour 'Sugared Violet'.


Rose & Co was created by Patricia Rose and her daughter Caroline Rose in Yorkshire. They are both inspired by vintage and cute things hence why the packaging is so gorgeous!

Gorgeous Rose & Co packaging!

This lip balm when applied leaves my lips feeling so smooth but also with the added gloss in the balm, there is an added sheen, with one of the ingredients being petroleum, which is in 'Vaseline'. The lip balm is tinted purple however this colour does not come off on your lips which I find to be quite a good thing meaning that you can use this lip balm on its own or on top of lipsticks which need a little more gloss added to. I love having this product in my handbag for when I want a top up! This lip balm being 'Sugared Violet' tastes and smells like my childhood favourite sweets 'Parma Violets' so I was in heaven when I received this lip balm.

The other ingredients which make up this lip balm are:- Petroleum, prunus amygdalus dulcis oil (sweet almond oil), cera alba (beeswax), aroma (flavour), linalool and citronella.

The balm is so soft and glossy with its purple tint

I cannot find this product on the Rose & Co. website (link below) but have found an alternative lip balm in the same flavour but it comes in a tube, which actually thinking about would be a lot easier to apply. This product in the tube is £3.00 for a 10ml tube. 



You should definitely have a look at their website as they have amazing products, and other flavours such as 'Strawberry Cupcake', 'Lemon Bon-Bon', 'Raspberries & Roses' and 'Coconut Ice' - I shall defiantly be purchasing the 'Strawberry & Cupcake Candle' which looks and sounds so yummy!!!


Have you ever tried this lip balm from Rose & Co or any other products of theirs? What do you think of it? Can you recommend any other gorgeous lip balms for me to try and review?


Speak soon,
L x


LINKS

Rose & Co - http://www.rose-apothecary.co.uk/acatalog/Sugared_Violet_Lip_Tube.html
Rose & Co - http://www.rose-apothecary.co.uk/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment