Thursday 3 April 2014

Review - Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder


I will be reviewing Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder which is an absolutely amazing find! I have been using this bronzing powder for about two years now and has always been a favourite of mine and have even chosen this bronzer over Nars Laguna Bronzer and Benefit Hoola bronzer, although I do still think very highly of the two products I mentioned, and do use these two for a change.


Bourjois Delice de Poudre with the Bourjois Powder Brush

Delice de Poudre is a gorgeous matte bronzer which makes it perfect for contouring your face as well as bronzing. This bronzing powder is perfect for someone who does not want to spend too much money on a powder but wants the same end result as what the Benefit Hoola, which costs £23.50, and Nars Laguna bronzer, which costs £26.00, create for more than half the price, with Bourjois Delice de Poudre being a bargain at £6.99. This bronzer is also one of my favourite bronzers because of the gorgeous flecks of gold which are within the bronzer, however I do find that when you use the bronzer it turns into a sort of matte product. I prefer matte bronzers to shimmery bronzers because in my opinion I see that instead of using a shimmery bronzer you could just add some highlighter. I think this matte finish which the bronzer creates definitely competes with some of the high end products such as the Nars laguna bronzer. 


Gorgeous packing of Bourjois Delice de Poudre,
which opens into a booklet

The other amazing thing about this bronzer is that it is infused with a sweet chocolate fragrance which makes a lovely change to other bronzers on the market, and also because it is packaged in a booklet which looks a little like a chocolate bar. This makes a great alternative to other bronzers which are packaged within round plastic containers and not fragranced. The bronzing powder as you can see in the pictures is actually shaped like a chocolate bar which is also a lovely extra quality to the Bourjois Delice de Poudre.


Just like chocolate inside - if you look close enough you can see on the lower left
hand square the film of pigments which is created overtime

I apply this bronzing powder with the Bourjois Powder Brush which I purchased from Boots (link below) for £4.99, which is a very soft brush for your face and cheeks and you can achieve lovely results each time you use it. If I want to have a change from this brush I use the Real Techniques Retractable Bronzer Brush which retails at Boots for £13.99 (link below), which is perfect to carry in your handbag on the go being retractable and is excellent for blending.

The Bourjois Powder Brush

The Bourjois Powder Brush

I use this product when I fake tan or have a real tan as I find that it accompanies my tan wonderfully! The fake tan I use is the St Tropez Self Tan Classic Mousse which is £30.64 off their website (link below). As well as suiting tanned skin it also suits pale/fair skins very well as it does not leave your skin orange or patchy, and it is light enough to be built up into a nice glowing complexion (see picture below). Although it looks really dark in the packaging it does not come out that dark. The picture I have inserted below of the powder on my hand is with a few coats of it as I do like to be quite dark, so if you want a lighter shade just apply less :)


I have Delice de Poudre in shade 52, but you can also get the same powder in shade 51, which is the lighter shade, although I have never actually seen the lighter shade for sale anywhere.


The gorgeous shade which the powder creates - this is a few layers
 of it however so is a lot lighter with less application.

The only problem that I have found with this bronzing powder is that once you have used the top layer, a layer then appears on the powder - I think it is a sort of oil which comes from the pigments within the powder separating. I am told however that if you keep the clear packaging film which comes on the powder you can press this down on the powder and slowly peel it off which should remove this film, but I have just tried some cello tape, as I threw away the clear film and this worked perfectly.


I bought my bronzer from Asos for £6.99 (link below), but you can also buy this product from Boots for £6.99 (link below), and I imagine Superdrug and all good retailers.


I hope that you have enjoyed my post on the amazing Bourjois Delice de poudre Bronzing Powder and hope that you have a go with this product if you haven't already tried it!



Have you ever used or do you currently use Bourjois' Delice de Poudre and what do you think of it? What bronzers do you use - either drugstore or high end?


Speak soon,
L x


LINKS

St Tropez - http://www.st-tropez.com/en-gb/self-tan-bronzing-mousse/
Asoshttp://www.asos.com/Bourjois/Bourjois-Bronzing-Powder/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=120035&cid=1451&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Bronze
Bootshttp://www.boots.com/en/Bourjois-Delice-de-Poudre-Bronzing-Powder-Medium-Dark_35023/
Boots - http://www.boots.com/en/Bourjois-Powder-Brush_35029/
Boots - http://www.boots.com/en/Real-Techniques-retractable-bronzer-brush_1435682/

No comments:

Post a Comment